Training Essentials for Ultrarunning: Second Edition
English | December 23, 2021 | ASIN: B09P2M657H | MP3@128 kbps | 17h 5m | 765.72 MB
The benchmark book for ultramarathon training is back for a second edition in an enhanced audiobook. The enhanced audiobook is a complete version of Training Essentials for Ultrarunning narrated by the author Jason Koop. It also contains interviews with endurance training icons like Stephen Seiler, Dr. Justin Ross, Dirk Friel, Inigo Mujika, Dr. Emily Kraus, Guillaume Millet, Stephanie Howe, and Dylan Bowman. The audiobook also comes with the complete set of tables and figures from the physical book available as a free digital download.
When elite and everyday ultrarunners alike want to improve their ultramarathon performance, they turn to Coach Jason Koop for guidance and council. Training Essentials for Ultrarunning takes Coach Koop’s time-proven and evidenced-based methodologies that have been honed over 20 years of professional coaching and delivers it to the masses. Regardless of whether you are first-time ultrarunner, a seasoned veteran, or an ultrarunning coach, this resource is a must-have for all ultrarunners.
What you will gain from this book:
- Proven training strategies for beginner and experienced ultrarunners
- Knowledge from domain experts and the latest research on all aspects of ultrarunning
- How to train for the mountains if you are a flatlander
- How to incorporate strength training for ultrarunning
- Effective, evidence-based mental skills for ultrarunning
- Protocols for training and racing in hot weather and high altitude
- How to design, test, and execute race day nutrition and hydration strategies
- How to train smart and hard to make the most of your workouts, even for time-crunched ultrarunners
- How to balance racing and training and choose the right races for you